17 May 2015 ∞
- This site generates a
.gitignore file with common files, folders, and patterns based on the type of project you are working on. For example, you can enter
CodeKit, and it will generate your .gitignore file that has the patterns you would likely want to ignore.
- An alternative to jQuery. I haven’t used this yet only because I forgot about it. I will definitely try this out. I hope the performance is close to what it claims. It does not have all the functions that jQuery does, but at first glance, it looks like it has a lot of what I use most.
- Curate, free-to-use, space photography. It looks like most of them are from NASA.
- Visualize SASS color functions in real time. I have not really used these functions, but this looks interesting.
21 Apr 2015 ∞
- Google Web Fonts Typographic Project
- I like sites like this one that show you practical ways of using type. This one is pairing Google Fonts.
- jQuery Toast Plugin
- Show simple toast messages with jQuery. There are a lot of demos. I can see using this in my work.
<audio> tag to be used anywhere.
- Call to Idea
- Showcases design ideas for different web or app elements.
- Great guide extension for Photoshop. I have been using it for weeks.
19 Apr 2015 ∞
Last Saturday was Record Store Day 2015. This year I went to The Exclusive Company in Appleton, Wisconsin. I picked up three albums: A Little Something From The Road, Vol. 1 by Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band, Get Behind Me Satan by the White Stripes, and Picaresque by The Decemberists. I am happy with all three purchases.
03 Apr 2015 ∞
- A simple and easy jQuery plugin for CSS animated page transitions.
- Share and discover the best programming tutorials and courses online.
- Color Safe
- Great site to generate proper text and background contrast ratios.
- Calculate contrast between two colors for accessibility.
- E.gg Timer
- Simple timer for more than just eggs.
03 Apr 2015 ∞
Pilot G-Tec-C4 / Field Notes Northerly Edition
Just a couple of quick sketches from today.
06 Mar 2015 ∞
- I have been researching sliders lately for work. I came across this one that seems to be solid.
- This is a very clean lightbox gallery. It also support touch gestures.
- A nice set of SVG icons ready to use.
- Subtle Hover Effects
- I really like how these look. Subtle is almost always better.
- For those who don’t have a Gibson guitar equipped with a Min-ETune. This is on my wish list.
- iOS Fonts
- A good reference for what fonts are available in iOS to use. You can view which version of the platform a certain font was installed.
30 Jan 2015 ∞
Just a couple of things I carry with me. One should always carry a pocketknife. I use mine so many times throughout the day. This one is a CRKT Swindle. I also carry around this lighter sometimes. It is nearly not as useful, but I like it. Probably because I have a perfectly healthy intrigue of fire. It’s a plain matte gray Zippo lighter.
29 Dec 2014 ∞
- Update Your Footer
- This is timely since 2014 is almost over. Update your footer’s copyright year to be dynamic.
- I really don’t know how they do it, but their compression algorithm is amazing. I have been using it on a lot of projects lately.
- This is a quick color theme generator. I like it because it is quick and the results are mostly good. It exports to PDF, CSS, SCSS, SVG or PNG.
- Hacker Typer
- This one is just hilarious. Now you can be just like the computer “hackers” you see on movies and TV shows.
06 Dec 2014 ∞
I have been driving passed this view for over a year now and haven’t taken a photo of it until now. I think I like lettering on the building.
20 Nov 2014 ∞
I spent an afternoon rewriting some old code for an animated pie chart that is part of a web app I am updating. The previous code was written by a contractor who may have taken a quick route to completion. This made it very difficult to change it and also it was a few hundred lines too long. So I scrapped it and looked for a new solution. I ended up using jQuery Knob as the base and building on top of that. Since I couldn’t find anything quite what I was looking for, I decided to put it together myself and to make it a modular as I can. Basically, the pie chart has illustrates a percentage value and it’ll animate to that. I also have a colored label in the center that has a title, a tagline and the percentage updated as the pie chart is animated. With SCSS, I made it easier to customize the size, color, fonts, etc. It’s still a work in progress, but I decided put what I have on GitHub.